If you have not paid your fines owing which came about as a result of an infringement notice or even a court-imposed monetary penalty, then the matter will be referred to Revenue NSW.


If a payment arrangement with Revenue NSW is still not made, then Revenue NSW have the power to suspend your driver’s licence because of your failure to pay the fine. Did you also know that Revenue NSW can also authorise a sheriff to not only seize but sell your belongings, they can even garnishee your wages!


It is critical that a fine is not neglected. If you have received an infringement notice and you wish to dispute that infringement notice in Court, then it is critical that you seek legal advice prior to doing so.


Did you also know that another option for payment of your fine is by requesting Revenue NSW to participate in a ‘Work Development Order’ which allows you to do community-based work which will pay off the fines owing. However, it should be noted that there is a strict criterion for eligibility as an application must be supported by an ‘Approved Organisation


Did you also know that if you suffer from Drug addiction (or even alcohol addiction) a portion of your fines can be covered through the participation in treatment/courses?



*This article correctly reflects the Laws of NSW as at 20th May 2022.


*It should be noted that this page or any other pages on our website (including any other social media platforms for Nicopoulos Sabbagh Lawyers) are not to be considered as a substitute for legal advice or even other professional advice. It should also be noted that accessing of this information from this website does not create a client-lawyer relationship. 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *